An online Spiritual Gifts Inventory
Welcome to the world of spiritual gifts! God has given every Christian at least one spiritual gift, and probably more. This questionnaire is designed to help you understand what your spiritual gifts are and how to use them in ministry. Many similar inventories are available on the market today, so what separates Gifted2Serve apart from other spiritual gifts inventories?
Most spiritual gifts inventories either come from a conservative/cessationist viewpoint or from a Pentecostal/charismatic viewpoint. This inventory seeks to approach the topic with a carefully crafted Biblical understanding, attempting to avoid the bias the above perspectives seem to develop. If a gift is listed in Scripture, it is included, regardless of the belief of if it is in use today or not. Gifts are presented to be used in a manor that is consistent with Scripture, and not in the excesses found in certain traditions. In developing this inventory, I began with the Bible and then researched several other inventories to develop a series of questions based on my scriptural understanding of each of the spiritual gifts. I then balanced them with my perception of how each gift is used in the local church.
For over 20 years, Gifted2Serve has been providing Christians around the world a valuable tool to help them discover how God has uniquely gifted them for specific ministry in the church.
For a deeper understanding of this approach and understanding, study the definitions at the end of the inventory and the Find Your Place curriculum of which Gifted2Serve is a part.
Andrew P. Kulp
Founder/Director of BuildingChurch Ministries
This inventory contains 125 questions and will take 20-45 miuntes to complete, so please allow adequate time to answer all questions before beginning.
- Pray. Ask God to guide you with a clear mind and an open heart. Ask God to help you be honest with yourself and Him through this exercise. Remember that this is a spiritual exercise to help equip you to better serve God according to His will.
- According to the scale below, select the response that best describes or characterizes yourself. DO NOT answer according to what you think should be true, but based on actual past experience and personal motivation. Do not leave any answers blank.
0 – Not at all characteristic of me/definitely not true for me.
1 – Occasionally characteristic of me/true for me–about 25% of the time.
2 – Sometimes characteristic of me/true for me–about 50% of the time.
3 – Usually characteristic of me/true for me–about 75% of the time.
4 – Highly characteristic of me/definitely true for me.
- Answer each item as quickly, honestly, and accurately as possible. If you dwell too long on a particular question, you are less likely to answer it with complete honesty.
- When you finish filling in the questionnaire answers sheet, provide contact information and the site will calculate your results and email them to you. We will not sell or use your email address for any other purpose. If for some reason you do not receive your results, use the Contact Form with full contact information as provided in the inventory and we can attempt to find your results in the database and send them to you.
- Seek further understanding of the spiritual gifts God has given you by reading the definitions provided, related scripture passages, and consider reading Your Spiritual Gifts Can Help Your Church Grow by C. Peter Wagner, as well as other spiritual gifts materials.
Gifted2Serve is ©2001, 2021 Andrew P. Kulp