Find Your Place NorthStar Edition
Session 5: Heart's Call and Every Member In Ministry
1. Your Heart's Call
A. Psalm 16:7 - The things you think about when you are idle.
B. Ephesians 4:1b - live according to your calling.
C. Ephesians 6:6b - Do God's will--from the heart.
D. The bottom line
1. What has God called you to do?
2. Why has God knit you together this way?
- Your heart's call puts all the other elements of your PMP together into a specific ministry.
E. What is your passion? What drives you?
- Operating within God's call on your life will maximize your satisfaction in ministry.
- "God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him." - John Piper
A. 1 Peter 4:10 - use your gift!
B. EMIM Commitment Cards - why?
1. You know what ministries are available.
2. You can suggest a new ministry.
C. EMIM = accountability
1. Equipping staff to Laity
- According to Ephesians 4:11-13, it is the staff's job to equip the laity to do the work of the ministry. The staff can not perform its job if they do not know what ministry to equip you for. Additionally, when you suggest a new ministry, it is a source of accountability so the staff can know the needs in the congregation.
2. Laity to Equipping staff
- By volunteering for a specific ministry, the staff will know that your are doing your part as a member of the Body. When you volunteer, the staff can help you remain accountable to fulfill your calling. Additionally, the staff will know that they do not have to press you to be sure you are doing your part.
D. Equipping Staff
1. Ephesians 4:11-13
- They are not simply "Ministers" but are "Equipping Ministers"
- As already mentioned, it is the staff's job to equip all the members of the church to do the work of the ministry.
1 Peter 4:10-11 - "Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms. If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen."
Click here to return to NorthStar FYP Index Page